If the word of God can really revive our souls, direct our lives, and set our hearts on fire, maybe it's time to start a new habit: every day, for the rest of our lives, let's meet with God through His word.
Main text: Luke 24:13-35.
- Luke 24:13-35: Jesus shows the disciples that the Bible is all about Him, from the very beginning, and as they come to understand the Bible, their hearts burn within them.
- Three major objections that might keep us from having similar burning hearts:
- Interpretation: How do we know what the Bible really means?
- The telephone game: How do we know that's really what the Bible originally said?
- Authority: How do we know which books make up "the Bible"?
The church has always known that the Spirit of God uses the word of God to point us to Jesus and make our hearts burn. So, what do you say?