The world still has a lot of hurt and brokenness, but there’s hope. The King really is coming to finish the fight against darkness. He really is going to destroy death once and for all, and everything in creation will be set right. The best part is that the battle has already started, and we can already see little cracks in the darkness as the light starts breaking through.
Main text: Psalm 110
- The King is coming!
- Who is being conquered?
- The powers of sin and death
- How will the King conquer them?
- Jesus is a new kind of priest, so he will also be a new kind of conqueror
- Revelation 5:1-10: What does this conqueror look like?
- The King is already here!
- Jesus is fighting death even now
- 1 John 2:8: the light is already shining
- Let’s live like we believe this new kingdom is near, and make more cracks in the darkness