God's plan to fix the world through Jesus will actually and fully fix the world. He's bringing shalom, restoring life, harmony, wholeness, and joy to the entire universe. He's making things the way they ought to be, and He's already started.
Main text: Psalm 85
- God is coming, so shalom is coming.
- The word "shalom" occurs over 250 times in the Old Testament and is usually translated as "peace".
- Absence of conflict and an inner sense of well-being are only part of the concept of shalom.
- Shalom has to do with universal, holistic flourishing.
- Psalm 85 shows us how holistic and universal the coming shalom will be.
- Ps 85:1-7: Given that God has forgiven in the past, the psalm requests salvation again.
- Ps 85:8-13: shalom is coming!
- Will we live like we believe shalom is coming?