Experiencing spiritual life doesn't have to be a mystery. We can follow the lead of people who already have, and experience it for ourselves!
Main Text: Psalm 113
1 Praise the Lord!
Praise, O servants of the Lord,
praise the name of the Lord!
2 Blessed be the name of the Lord
from this time forth and forevermore!
3 From the rising of the sun to its setting,
the name of the Lord is to be praised!
4 The Lord is high above all nations,
and his glory above the heavens!
5 Who is like the Lord our God,
who is seated on high,
6 who looks far down
on the heavens and the earth?
7 He raises the poor from the dust
and lifts the needy from the ash heap,
8 to make them sit with princes,
with the princes of his people.
9 He gives the barren woman a home,
making her the joyous mother of children.
Praise the Lord!
- Read Psalm 113
- How often do you find yourself praising the Lord?
- Have you ever tried praising the Lord when you weren’t overwhelmed with joy already?
- Does it seem fake or hypocritical to praise when you don’t feel like it? Why or why not?
- Does Psalm 113 seem more powerful after slowing down to consider the writer’s joy?
- Read through the Psalm together. Have people stop as you read to respond to the characteristics of God being displayed.
- Practice Praise
- What do you want to praise God for today?
- If you’re not feeling spiritual, what about God has stirred your heart in the past? Speak it out now to your group.
- Do you think this practice would lead to a more spiritual life for you?