Through prayer we realize that we have access to the Living God. He's close, and He's kind. He's with us, forever and always, good or bad, even now. An awareness of that will change the way we think of all our moments, from fantastic to terrible to mundane. Whatever happens—the Spirit of Jesus is with us.
Main Text: Acts 16:6-40
- Here's our big goal: Live life with God, and share it with others.
- Prayer is our starting place. (If you missed last week, here's a guide on how to level up your prayer life.)
- And then all of life becomes spiritual. This is what we see in this passage with Paul:
- All of his circumstances, even his travel plans, are directed by the Spirit of Jesus
- All of his encounters with people, whether nice, annoying, or awful, are prepared by the Spirit
- So He prays in all things, with conviction that God is both close and kind, no matter what
- Paul lives his whole life with God. We can too.