What changes for us before and after Jesus? Now God has given us His own Spirit who leads us to pray as God's children—"Abba, Father!"
Main Text: Romans 8:1-17
- We're in an 8 week series in Romans 5-8, dedicated to the implications Jesus' work ought to have in our lives, now that "the night is far gone and the day is at hand" as Romans 13:12 tells us.
- In the previous chapter, Paul lamented his inability to stop sinning—as much as he may want to live in the self-giving way of Jesus, he finds it nearly impossible by his own strength.
- 8:1-4: Thank God that He's done for us what we couldn't do by our own strength.
- 8:5-8: God's Spirit leads to life and peace, not death and hostility.
- 8:9-11: Every Christian has the Holy Spirit living inside them—therefore every Christian will be fully healed from the effects of sin, body and all.
- 8:12-17: So let's be led by this Spirit, the One who has made us sons and daughters of the living God.