When Jesus encounters us, He says: "I must enter your house and world and life. Today." The grace of Jesus is no mere idea. The grace of Jesus comes as He makes Himself at home with us. So we share that grace with others by inviting them into our houses, worlds, and everyday lives.
Main Text: Luke 19:1-10
- The kingdom of Jesus is a table where all are welcome--that's our series and next year in a nutshell.
- Jesus delivers grace to Zacchaeus by entering into his house.
- This act angers everyone else around Jesus.
- This act radically transforms Zacchaeus and can radically transform us too.
- This kind of act--entering someone's home and everyday life to deliver grace--was Jesus' m.o.
- How delightful would life be if we copied Jesus?
- We're having a year at the table--a year where we partner with Jesus and love our neighbors as actively, warmly, and simply as we know how. We're going to make a habit of hosting our neighbors for dinner.
- Will you join us?