In Jesus, we've been freed from the path of death by being placed on the path of grace. This path is the path of righteousness and life, the path of intimacy with God, and the same path Jesus Himself walked.
Main Text: Romans 6:12-23
- We're in an 8 week series in Romans 5-8, dedicated to the implications Jesus' work ought to have in our lives, now that "the night is far gone and the day is at hand" as Romans 13:12 tells us.
- In the previous chapter, Paul has explained that as sin has increased, grace has hyper-abounded. This raises the question: does that mean we should sin more? His emphatic answer is no.
- Instead of presenting ourselves as weapons for sin in the war against grace, we should show up for duty on God's side.
- So let's take sin seriously by:
- Fighting pet sins
- Fighting the sins we live our whole lives in but are indifferent to