At its heart, the Protestant Reformation was about recovering the glorious truth that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, and in Christ alone. May we all know, in the deepest parts of our beings, how great God's love is for us. Hallelujah!
Sunday October 29, 2017
Main text: Ephesians 2:1-10.
- Historical background of the Protestant Reformation, which began on October 31, 1517 with Martin Luther's Ninety-Five Theses.
- The Reformation emphasized that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone, and in Christ alone.
- Ephesians 2:1-3: Without God's intervention, each of us is guilty, broken, enslaved, and utterly hopeless.
- Ephesians 2:4-7: Before we did anything, God loved us and did great things for us through Christ, the One we're now being united to. This is grace.
- Ephesians 2:8-10: All of this process is God's work. Even we ourselves are God's work, meant to live in joyous acknowledgement of His goodness and grace for the rest of eternity.