This week we answered as many of your questions as we could. Thank you for submitting them! If yours hasn't been answered yet, we'll get to it within the next two weeks in a blog post.
Here are the questions we did answer:
- Do we have deacons or elders or anything similar? Will we? When? Why/not?
- What percentage of the church gives financially? Do we have outside support?
- What happens to Christians right after we die? Do we all wait until the day Jesus comes back to Earth to go to Heaven? Or does it happen right away?
- What is Redemption's view on the return of Christ? Do you believe in the rapture(dispensationalism) or are you amillenial? Or something else?
- Do you think you will ever expand HUB groups beyond the 610 loop area?
- As someone who is extremely busy, I often feel inadequate or guilty when I am not able to make time for a Bible study, but I know all that God wants is for me to just spend time with Him and His Word. What is the best way to spend time with God's Word?
- A. I don’t like reading the bible. When I do it’s joyless. Why?
B. I don’t feel God like others seem to. I feel shame for saying that I love God and am a Christian when I have a half-way connection with Him. What can I do to strengthen my ties with Him?
- Is building a wall along our national border wrong?
- How should we respond to Trump when he's contrary to the Bible?
- Can I trust the Bible like it’s from God? Do I need to?
- How do we make sure we’re understanding the Bible properly?
- Why was salvation available to only a few pre-Christ? How is that just or fair?
- Ephesians 1 mentions predestination several times. What should we make of that? Does that mean some people can't be saved?
- How can God love me? Do I need to be better for Him? Or does He really not care what I do?
- How can God send people to hell if he is loving and gracious?
- Why did God allow Adam and Eve to sin and break the rest of creation? Why did he give us free will? Was this His plan all along?
- Is it ok for me as a Christian to marry a non-Christian?
- Is sex really that big of a deal to God? Does He really care if I have sex before marriage? What if we already know we’re going to be together forever?
Here are the three pages Zack explicitly mentioned:
- Redemption's belief statement: https://redemptionhou.com/beliefs
- A recent blog on what happens when we die: https://redemptionhou.com/blog/what-happens-when-we-die-a-primer-on-the-end-times
- A Sunday walk through of how to stir your affections for God: https://redemptionhou.com/sermons/a-how-to-guide-stirring-your-affections-for-jesus-hearts-on-fire-2