The kingdom of Jesus is a table where all are welcome. Come and eat. Come and drink. Come and fill your soul, for real.
Main Text: John 7:37-39
- Jesus is the solution for our deepest thirsts, however they may show up.
- Jesus promises to give us the Holy Spirit. He's a river that gives life to all it touches, just like Ezekiel 47 foresaw and Revelation 22 promises. And He's going to be located within us.
- This satisfying Holy Spirit given for free, to whoever is thirsty and comes to the Source, just like Isaiah 55 foresaw and Revelation 21 promises. We're invited to come eat and drink until our soul is content.
- The kingdom of Jesus is a table where all are welcome.
- This theme is alluded to in this and many other passages, as we'll see in the coming weeks.
- So we're going to have a year at the table--a year where we partner with Jesus and love our neighbors as actively, warmly, and simply as we know how. We're going to make a habit of hosting our neighbors for dinner. Will you join us?